Day 3, Fayetteville and Fort Bragg

Fayetteville Travel Blog

Pope Air base
After breakfast I said goodbye to my old friend and we took off again. This time into Fayetteville. My German friend had lived here for 3 years so she knew Fayetteville pretty well. For her it was a trip down memory lane and I was just along for the ride. After breakfast at IHOP she showed me where she used to live, where she used to go shopping and so on. We found most places without any trouble even though according to her it had changed a lot. We found the used book store that she used to go to and had to stop, of course. lol She picked up about 10 books, and this is when she decided that she would have to borrow one of my suitcases for the flight home because she wasn't going to fit them all. hahaha I found some books I that I used to own back in Germany.
I thought it was cool
Since I had to leave them behind when I moved I decided to build up my library again. I also found a bunch of books that I had been looking for so I myself picked up 6 books as well. Wow, who knew I was a book rat. ;-)
After the bit of shopping we went to Fort Bragg where she also spend a lot of her time. We found a bunch of planes for her to look at and took  pictures. I had to find a magnet of North Carolina for my collection and the PX was usually pretty good about carrying souvenirs. I was successful and happy. lol I also picked up a HUGE pinecone outside just to have something that will lay around and get dusty over time.
Unfortunately time had flown buy so fast that it was starting to get dark. I didn't want to bother my American friend and beg to stay one more night so we started looking for another motel. We ended up staying at Econo Lodge right on I 95 South so our trip tomorrow would be off to an easy start. This place was sooo much better then the last motel (8) except it didn't have an elevator so we had to drag our heavy a$$ suitcases upstairs. lol We had picked up some food on base and pretty much feel asleep after some TV.
My friend just loves planes
My friend just loves planes
Fayetteville Hotels & Accommodations review
Great location right off I-95 on Fayetteville, Cedar Creek Road. The staff was very nice on the phone and in person. Going up to the room the only dow… read entire review
Fayetteville