Back in Virginia

Virginia Beach Travel Blog

Me freezing at Virginia Beach
I woke up really early this day. I guess I was excited cause I was going to get to sleep in my own bed tonight. After the morning routine I started packing and got some coffee at the front desk. After a quick and very small breakfast we were off again. Back on I 95 North towards Richmond but since we had an invitation for dinner we had to do a detour to Newport News again. After only 3 hours of driving we arrived in Norfolk and decided we would see if we could find any more planes or ships for my friend to look at. We went to some base in Virginia Beach but only ended up at the beach next to an airfield. Since the ocean was right there we jumped out and took a few pictures and MAN! it was cold!!!! We had a LOT of luck with the temperature so far so this was very unexpected. We stopped at the PX or whatever it was called on this base, looked around a little but didn't buy anything. They had flowers everywhere because tomorrow would be Valentine's day. Whatever! I thought. My hubby is so far away so there won't be a Valentine's day this year.
We slowly had to get to Newport News so we got back in the car and headed through the tunnel.
FishAtHeart says:
Beautiful beaches there! Went there last May, and have a blast! It was hot during the day, but cool at night. Love your blog!
Posted on: Feb 24, 2008