LAX -> MEX

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Larry (the merchant seaman) and I!
1pm PST - At the airport on company wifi again =)

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I had seriously morbid thoughts JUST before leaving for this trip! For the first time in my years of travel, I left a friend my parents' # and made them promise to take care of some things if anything happens to me.

But I'm at the airport and God sent me another angel in the form of a super cool Filipino merchant seaman who lives in Granada Hills and is almost retired! We laughed and talked so comfortably the last 3 hours have literally FLOWN by. Since he's a quarterman he's been all over the world and seen great things. He has a few daughters my age and so I received all sorts of fatherly advice.
Hello hubby! =) (I wish..)
We had CPK at terminal 5 together and then went to the duty free shop for him to get cigarettes and in the area with all the perfume and cologne advertisements.. 2 of the most gorgeous men greeted me from their respective ads - Sawyer from LOST in a Davidoff-type cologne ad and my future husband JRM in a Hugo ad... DROOL!

On the plane, my luck was no worse, and I met an amazing 60 year old woman named Marylin with a heart of gold! Her children are involved with technical training programs in rural India, and adoption facilities in Haiti. She's traveled all over the world herself and seems like such an amazing lady. We talked nonstop for about 3 hours (again!) and the time just flew by! Angel #2 was sent my way to distract me on the plane. We became good friends and gave each other monster hugs by the time we left. I wish I had gotten a picture of us two, as she was just so amazing!

So I think it's safe to say we're off to a REALLY good start. I can't wait to see Sybil post-customs and start our adventure!!

martinikitty13 says:
Have a great time!!! Looks like you are off to a wonderful start!
Posted on: Feb 16, 2008