New home!

St.Kilda Travel Blog

Our flat!! (3rd floor far right)

Arrived in melbourne at lunch time and we found a flat within an hour and moved in!!! Our new pad is in St Kilda overlooking the sea and we have made several trips up the pier already to see the little penguins. They are so cool!! We even saw a shark fin about 10 metres from the pier! He started splashing about and then the fin appeared again ooooooh!!!! So glad I was on the pier and not out for a dip....

Melbourne is just fantastic. We love it here and so we will be spending the next few months living here in St Kilda and commuting to the city centre to work. We have very dull and boring office jobs but we are saving again and planning the next leg of australia visit.

The weather is turning and we have had some very cool weather, so the fleeces are on and I have been shopping for jumpers and woolly warm things.

It does still make me smile that on the weather reports on the TV the aussies describe 'a rather cool day ahead' at 20 C. Small celebrations and stripping off down to Tshirts occur in the UK if it makes it to 20 C. Here, everyone (yes yes including me) puts on a scarf and a winter coat.

Both managed to get jobs almost straight away both in the glorious office things although the people we work with are a good bunch. I am working for Dept of Primary Industries and Simon is at Worksafe and we are both office bitches. Good thing is they pay very well here so the pennies are being saved like crazy for the next 6 months ready for our Australia/Asia trip!! Woohoo!! Now we will spend 6 months enjoying St Kilda, Melbourne, and remembering what it is like to work again. We have joined the gym right across the road from our flat and it looks out onto the sea, so not a bad place to sweat away after work for an hour. Also a fab running route goes along the sea front so will be enjoying that too when the weather is good enough!

View across the St Kilda bay