Little piece of paradise

Lanquin Travel Blog

After a very long bus ride from Guatemala City to Coban and then onto a minibus from Coban to Lanquin, we came across the most brilliant hostel ever!! The rooms are all cabinas built on stilts and set across the sloping hillside. A path lead from the top Cabina and reception area down to the river and to the open air restaurant. There were hammocks aplenty and lots of quiet places to just chill out and enjoy the warmth and beautiful scenery.

The place was very busy and almost full but we got a `loft`of a cabina as our room. We had a ladder to take us up to our little loft room and there we had a bed and thats it!! There was no door, just an open gap for us to crawl into from the ladder and the roof was made from thatched straw. T`was fab!!!

On the first night it rained so the sound against the thatched roof was gorgeous! One of the pet cats joined us in the night, scaring the life out of me as I felt something warm and furry lying on the bed next to me! (Yikes!!). I soon found out it was the cat thankfully and not a rat or something!

We had dinner at the hostel in the open air restaurant by the river. Dinner was a set meal so whoever wanted dinner gathered at 7pm and we all ate together. The food was wonderful!!!

Higton says:
This is the best place I stayed in, bar none. I loved it.
Posted on: Oct 04, 2007
Simon peering out of our loft room
Simon peering out of our loft room
Our bedtime pal takes a different …
Our bedtime pal takes a different…
photo by: siri