EuropeBelgiumSpa

Formula One Spa-Francorchamps

Spa Travel Blog

Since I was always a Formula One fan I really wanted to visit a F1 Grand Prix. We decided to book a bustour + camping and entrance tickets for Spa-Francorchamps. We left from Eindhoven busstation and stayed at a camping not very far from the circuit. On friday we visited the training and that was probably the best day to visit, because it was not at all crowded and you could watch all around the circuit. The most amazing thing about Spa-Francorchamps is that there is so much nature, while walking around the circuit you sometimes don't have the idea you are at a place where Formula One cars are racing, untill you hear one :).

It was very misty that friday, so the training started a bit later. I knew formula one cards sound loud, but it was a lot louder that I imagined! After watching the training we went back to the camping.

On saturday it was already a lot busier at the circuit, because of the qualification. But we could still walk around and watch everywhere we wanted. We also tried to find a good place to sit on sunday, so that we could walk straight to that point in the hope to have a place (so seats, because we had Bronze cards, which means you are allowed to sit everywhere, but not on the seats, I would regret this later :P).

On sunday we arrived at 7:30 at the circuit, and it was already VERY crowded. We found a place in the rocks in the Pouhon corner and decided to stay there, because if you moved, someone else would take your spot. There were first some other sportscar races and the F1-warmup, and finally at 14:00 the race started. It was a great experience, but if you really want to follow the race you can better watch on TV because we did not have a clue who was the leader. But the atmosphere was great!