NOLA 2008

New Orleans Travel Blog

Currrently I'm sitting outside on my friend's balcony right off St Charles. I'm listening to the sounds of the Bacchus parade. Hulk Hogan was the grand marshall of tonight's festivities. We made a sign for him & he totally noticed us. Our sign read : " St. Pete Gals Love Hulk!" He looked very pleasantly surprised. Very cool. He gave us lots of beads. :) Last nite we went to Bourbon St. in the French Quarter. It was craziness. But very fun. I did not "earn" any beads. You wont see me on Girls Gone Wild. We saw the St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square. Very beautiful. It was built in the late 1700's. Then we went to Cafe Du Monde for beignets and cafe au lait. Awesome coffee! The view of the city from the balcony is gorgeous at night. I have the CMB (Central Business District) skyline in front of me. Even the air smells good to me. A mix of street food and smokiness The architecture is different from anything I've seen before. Its very European in style. Everyone I've met (locals and tourists) are so friendly & genuine. I'm so glad I came. This definitley was an awesome and memorable experience.