Just Another Day in Paradise

Maui Travel Blog

View from the lawn at the condo where I stay in Kihei.

I have been to Hawaii a fair number of times and most of my trips have been to Maui.  I really love Maui because it has a great blend of natural wonders as well as having some “city life” things to do (aka • good restaurants, regular grocery stores, etc.)  One thing I really love is that when I get to Maui, I instantly begin to relax.  Compared to New York, San Francisco, LA and similar places, Seattle is a pretty slow moving town.  But you don’t realize how fast paced city life is period until you get some place like Maui and realize that you are moving at light speed compared to the locals.  I am fully wound down within 48 hours of arriving, every single time.

If you’re familiar with Kihei, that’s where I stay.  I have been staying at the same beach front condo almost every trip nestled between two public beaches (Kamaole I and Kamaole II) and with sea turtles that live right out front among some lava rocks in the water.  Snorkeling right out front of your condo is pretty sweet, let me tell you.  One other side note?  The first day I get there, I always go and buy a fresh pineapple at the store.  If you’re from the mainland US and have not tried a fresh pineapple (and you like fruit, of course) you’ve got to try it.  I can’t even eat pineapple on the mainland anymore.  It doesn’t taste remotely the same.

outofvegas says:
ditto ditto ditto. also stay in kihei. great place. too bad i will miss you by a couple weeks.
Posted on: Jul 27, 2010
blurbmoi says:
Gosh! I can just imagine being there. And I would looovvvveee to just snorkel right out front of the condo:-)
Posted on: Jun 08, 2008
View from the lawn at the condo wh…
View from the lawn at the condo w…
photo by: danielrice20