Day 9 in London

London Travel Blog

It was an absolute thunderstorm on my 9th day in London, and seeing as I wasn’t feeling all that well, I mainly stayed in the house. Once the girls got in though, we went to Leicester Square, as the Star Wars world premier was happening. Much of the area was blocked off for the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, as it was performing music from the movies. It sounded really good. There was another area blocked off, in front of the Odeon Cinema where the premier actually was, for the red carpet, on which the celebrities would walk down when they arrived. Then there was another area blocked off for all the cars to drive into to drop those celebrities off. There were so many people there, that we could hardly move. It was bumper to bumper people. People were dressed up as Star Wars characters, complete with weapons. We ended up finding a spot to stand along where the cars were driving in, but, we never got to see anyone famous, as all the cars had blacked-out windows. Standing along that red carpet actually ended up being a waste of time, as we didn’t get to see anything. Also, it was incredibly cold and windy and rainy, so we left. We found a nearby restaurant to eat dinner in, then went home.

Get in = right on