Day 6 in London

London Travel Blog

My 6th day in London was pretty uneventful. The jet lag had really caught up to me by then, and I was TIRED. I had slept in, and then just didn’t seem to have any motivation. I talked to Irina on the phone, and we decided to meet for dinner that night, so when Sherron and Heather got home from work, we went to Leicester Square to meet up with my cousin. We had a nice dinner at ‘Bella Italia’. When we were done, Irina called her boyfriend, Chris, and we all agreed to meet up at ‘Oxygen’, a pub in Leicester Square. This was the first time I met Chris, and what a great guy. We all had a really good time. Some things I learned from Irina- her flatmate’s Dad was the engineer of the Edinburgh Castle, so she was going to talk to him to see if we could get into the castle for free when we went there on the weekend. Yay! Also, while we were walking through Leicester Square, we noticed that the ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ billboards had been changed to the new ‘Star Wars’ movie billboards. Turns out that they would soon be having the world premier there, and that Irina had recently gotten an email about the date, etc. She was going to let us know all the info. With this information, we were hoping that we’d be able to go to the premier, or at least go stand outside and see some celebrities.

Things observed:

The legal smoking age in London is 16. And, everybody seemed to do it. Also, smoking is allowed in bars (it’s not in Canada).

People in London can drink alcohol in public (another thing you can’t do in Canada). They just walked down the street doing it, or while riding on the tube.

Everybody in London dressed to the nines. It was really rare to see someone in sweatpants. Needless to say, it wasn’t all that laid-back.

In my downtime, I watched quite a bit of VH-1. I noticed that they sure love pop and dance music. Especially Robbie Williams (I think it was some sort of love affair). They also liked Brian McFadden, and Westlife. I think they also really liked Beyonce. Not really my kind of music.

Also, the TV shows that they aired were anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months behind North America.

London Nightlife & Entertainment review
A two floor bar in Leicester Square that is pretty low-key. It’s quite relaxing, but of course there’s one table that’s always full of rowdies.… read entire review
London Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Located in Leicester Square, this quaint little restaurant serves Italian food (in case you didn’t guess that by the restaurant name). The front w… read entire review
photo by: ulysses