Day 4 in London

London Travel Blog

Neither Sherron or Heather worked on my fourth day, so the three of us played tourist by going sightseeing around the city. Before we left the house, though, we booked our bus tickets to Edinburgh for the upcoming weekend! I was so excited about going to Scotland! We started the day by doing a hop-on/hop-off bus tour that showed us all the London sights. On this tour, we got to see London Bridge, the London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, the Thames River, and more. We got on and off the bus as we pleased, and just took our time in looking at everything that we were interested in.

For the most part, the weather was good. It was pretty cloudy for most of the day, but the rain held off for most of the day. Although, there was one point in the day when the sky absolutely opened up and poured on us. It was a blast, though, as we just played along. We put on the ponchos that the tour provided us, and just continued to sit in our seats on the top level of our double-decker bus. We laughed and laughed as we looked at all the sights around us. I’m sure the rest of the people on the bus thought that the three Canadian girls were crazy!

Once we got near the Thames River, we went on a river cruise. It’s free if you have purchased a ticket on the hop-on/hop-off bus tour, so we decided to take advantage of it. It was pretty neat, as we got to see the sights along the river. I couldn’t believe how dirty the water was, though.

You don’t want to get that water in your mouth!

Also included in the price of the bus tour was 3 guided walking tours. They were a James Bond walking tour, ‘Ghosts by Gaslight’ tour, and a Beatles tour. The pass for the bus and the walking tours is good for 24 hours, however, the tours are only offered at certain times, whereas the bus tour goes continuously throughout the day. As it happened, we only had time to do two of the walking tours, so we decided to do the James Bond tour, and the ‘Ghosts by Gaslight’ tour. We made a good choice.

The James Bond walking tour was a tour that showed different James Bond movie locations around London, and also different Secret Service, and Police places. The tour lasted about 1.5 hours and had only about 7 people on it. It was pretty cool, although, I hate to admit that at the time we went on this tour, I had never seen a James Bond movie.

Please don’t hold it against me!

By the time this tour was over, we were starving. So, we found a little Italian place to grab dinner, then made our way back to Trafalgar Square, which was where our next tour was going to begin. This one was to show us all the different areas and places that are said to be haunted, and the stories that accompany them. It also turned out to be a pub crawl. While we were standing outside at the Wellington, we saw Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser) rush past us. Although it got quite cold, we had a lot of fun. The whole thing lasted about 3 hours and 10 minutes and there were about 25 of us on the tour.

After the tour finished, we went home and to bed. It was a long day, and we did A LOT of walking, so we were tired.

Note:

It took several days, but I had fallen in love with London! Also, it took the same amount of time to not feel so overwhelmed by everything.

One of the coolest things I had found out about London is all the cool, little alleyways that are around the city. They led to all kinds of little pubs, etc.

London Sights & Attractions review
This is the church right beside Westminster Abbey, and it is beautiful. You’re not allowed to take pictures inside, which is a shame because it’… read entire review
London Sights & Attractions review
This is a great way to see some of the sights. This cruise was included in our hop-on/hop-off tour, and we were really glad it was. We were able to … read entire review
London Sights & Attractions review
We started our tour in Leicester Square, which is where we bought our tickets. However, from talking to the lady that sold them to us, you are able t… read entire review
London