Day 14- Last day in London and the trip home

London Travel Blog

My last day in London. I had packed everything the day before, so when we got up, we ate breakfast, and then just sat around talking for a bit. When it was time to leave, I said goodbye to Jen (Kristy and Julie had already left for the city), then me, Heather and Sherron left. When we left, it hadn’t been raining, so we decided to walk to the tube station. Turns out that was a bad decision, as it started pouring halfway through our trek to the station. By the time we got to the tube, we were soaked. When we got to Heathrow, we sat in the cafeteria for a bit and had some tea to warm up. We also got to watch all the armed guards that were patrolling. They were quite intimidating. When it was time to leave, I said my goodbyes to my awesome hosts, then left for my terminal. The flight home was uneventful, although it did start off pretty chilly, as I was still wet from our rainy walk to the tube. I was able to sleep on the flight, even though it was light the whole way home. I actually preferred it, though, as I was able to see what was below. I got to see the ocean, and the snowy hills of Greenland, and Baffin Island, and Northern Canada. I wish I had had my camera in my carry-on. I think I could have gotten some really great pictures. My flight got into Vancouver on time, then I had to wait for about 1.5 hours for my connecting flight to Kelowna. When I got into Kelowna, my mom was there to greet me, along with a surprise guest- my Grandma from the Kootenays. It was a nice home-coming. And, I was sort of glad to be home.

vulindlela says:
Cool trip!
Thanks for the fun blog...
Posted on: Aug 30, 2009