Day 10- Daytrip to Oxford

Oxford Travel Blog

Irina and I decided to go to Oxford on my 10thday in London. I met her at Paddington Station at 9am. We got on the train, which left at 9:21, and we got to Oxford at 10:18. Not only was it a quick ride, but it was nice and smooth, and quiet. We couldnâ��t have picked a nicer day to go, as the sun was shining, and it was a clear, blue sky. We arrived in Oxford, and quickly saw that it was a city full of bicycles. The first thing we did was sign up for a guided walking tour. We saw some of the different colleges and different, well-known sights. We were amazed by all the greenery and big stone buildings.  One thing to keep an eye out for are all the gargoyles decorating the buildings.  At the time of construction, it was believed that these gargoyles would keep the evil spirits out of the building.  That's why you'll see them at the tops of the building around the roof (and above the windows- so those spirits won't sneak through them!).  We found a nice, little place to get lunch, then went for a walk along the Thames River, after which we did a little shopping. The train trip home took longer than the one to Oxford. I ended up getting home around 7pm. Once back, Heather and I went to ASDA with one of their flatmates, Jen.

I came to the realization, while in Oxford, that I would love to go to University there. Eventually I want to get my Master�s, so maybe Oxford would be a good place to get it.

Please see my separate blog on Oxford :)

Oxford