Buda-Pest

Budapest Travel Blog

The journey from Vienna to Budapest took 3 hours by Coach tour pre-booked via Viator. I had bad experience by Viator Tour last year when I was tripping to Andalucia. They require me to wait at the main road en-route to the destination but what happened last year that I'd waited on the wrong side of the bus direction! They refunded the money as it was their fault of not clearly mentioning how and where. So this time just after I lodged at the hostel I called the tour operator to pick me up from the hostel to the Coach Tour pick-up point. The coach departed at half 7 am passing through Austria and Hungary countryside before reaching Buda side of Budapest. I was surprised that there was no border dividing the country except there was some kind of toll booth at the side of the road as the bus entering Hungary.
The sky was cloudy and I thought that the trip didn't live up to my expectation due to the bad weather. The whole morning was raining and we were dropped off the Budapest main sight like The Hero Square. The tour guide said the she was optimistic that sun would come-out and the cloud would leave. And she was right as the afternoon turned out to be sunny. We were brought to the Buda side - the hilly side of Budapest and guided to the castle area with aerial view towards the Danube River and the Pest side. The tourist also given 2 hours free time to do free activity like shopping (for the women mostly) and I walked around. The Jewish Synagogue was closed for public. As I waited the coach to return I saw a group of teenager walking towards the square with pillow at their hand. The group became a crowd of people half an hour later with everybody has pillow each. Exactly at 4 pm the wisel was blown and they were starting having a group PILLOW FIGHT on the middle of square. It was lasted for 2 hours. Later I asked the tour guide what the hell was that. She said it's GOODBYE TO THE WINTER PILLOW FIGHT the event which takes place on the last weekend of winter before the spring comes every year.
Budapest