Biking & crossing over GG Bridge

San Francisco Travel Blog

Chris pumping some air on our bikes

On sunday morning after some thinking of what we would do, we skipped Yosemite National Park for now (I´ll go back to California just to go there) and finally decided to do... biking :)!!, on the way we took a very delicious breakfast at a charming French Restaurant that Chris chose in Noe Valley, that was a good choice because it was delicious!

Once we picked up the bikes, pumped air on the wheels and got some gear against the rain, snacks and drinks... we started that adventure day...

I let Chris to lead me, the hills seemed a bit challenging for me and they were a little bit indeed... the first one was very steep down so i better walked... as it started like that i couldn´t imagine to reach the bridge but i felt more comfortable later on and since then we went all the way through many streets and bike paths in order to avoid the steepness.

We are professionals of course
It was rainning already so the rain gear was very helpful altough in the morning it was very beautiful i didn´t expect it to rain that day. Anyway... we still liked it a lot, it was very refreshing and i really loved to feel the cold breeze in my face.

I will write here later all the streets and parks names that we passed by.

We did a short stop at a windmill!... that was odd! after living in Holland i clearly noticed that everywhere i go there´s something from Holland, well... most of the places. So after some pictures we continued, we got to Golden Gate Park and then took the road again up to Presidio, some portions of the path were hard specially when we got to the streets facing the sea on the way up to the bridge so i had to walk for a little while, Chris was so patient with me.

We made it!
The views were very nice and fortunately it was very clear and not foggy.

Riding over the bridge was very nice, it took perhaps 20 minutes or a bit more, there were some people walking also, we just stopped twice to make some shots. When we were at the other side, we started going down all the way to Sausalito, i was there before and i like that little town... it´s very charming and there´s a great view over the city from there. We made it just in time to pick up the ferry that took us back to Embarcadero, once on board we had hot chocolate and some sweet snacks that Chris brought, it felt all so good.

The whole ride was about 3.5 hours and this is for sure one of the best things i did during my whole visit in California, you should try it too.

Petit-dejeuner français
View of Sausalito
View of Sausalito
Again my bridge
Again my bridge
The best hot chocolate was on the …
The best hot chocolate was on the…
I like that light