Yuma, AZ to Tucson, AZ., Pima Air Museum

Tucson Travel Blog

Pima

My stay in Tucson at the Elks Lodge was great with beautiful December weather there.

On this visit, I returned to Nogalas, Mexico and parked on the USA side and walked over the border. This little Mexican town recognized the opportunity to service the gringo and as a result, it is loaded with drugstores. Many of the retired folks who winter in Arizona travel over to Nogales to stock up on their medical supplies at a fraction of the prices in the states. Every where you look is a little shappy looking store hawking drugs. Beggars are everywhere and every 5 feet someone is hustling something. You just have to shake your head no and walk on.

No trip to Tuscon would be complete for me without visiting the Pima Air Museum. On this visit, I took a tram tour which was great as the guide would stop and explain things about the plane we were looking at. I saw displays that I had missed on my prior visit and am sure that the next time I go there I will see even more.

Summary: Elk RV Parking: 30; Escapee RV Parks: 11; Public RV Parks: 15; National Parks: 31; Ships: 7; Forts: 15

Expenses: 20 months on the road with an average of $1814/month.

Tucson