Winnemucca, NV to Pahrump, NV., Las Vegas, Jet Ski Races

Pahrump Travel Blog

Terribles RV Park, Pahrump, NV

Continuing my trip south, I ran into a problem with my truck overheating in the desert heat and tough hills. I found out my thermostat had failed and Barbara and I limped into Pahrump after a tough trip.

My last stay here was at the Escapee RV  park but this time, I stayed at Terribles Lakeside RV Park. This park has been ranked as the number two park in the nation. Over 10,000 parks were inspected and this park came out number 2. It sits in the middle of the desert but due to great design and landscaping is lush and green. Plenty of trees and all of the sites surround a 7 acre lake which is stocked with fish and has a beach for swimming. If the lake does not suit you, they also have a big swimming pool. A casino is also on the property and it has a good restaurant which serves bargain priced steaks etc.

Jet Ski Races
This park is affiliated with Passport America which gave me a 50% discount off of the rack rate. I settled in here for a planned stay of a couple of months.

While I was there, Jet ski races were held on the lake on two different weekends. hey were national point races and as a result the best riders in the country showed up. The race course was set up with a long straightaway and a slalom section which made for exciting racing.

Every Saturday night there were dirt track car races held on a 1/3 mile track in Pahrump. I rarely missed one of them as the races were so much fun to watch.

Las Vegas was also visited several times and on one trip, I went up to the top of the Stratosphere Tower. What a beautiful view of the city you have from this tower. It is the tallest structure in the city. It was fun to stroll the strip and do some serious people watching and to visit the casinos along the way.

Stratosphere Tower

The RV Park had a Hawaiian Luau over the Labor Day weekend which was loads of fun. They served the typical roast pig with all of the fixings and had Hawaiian music and entertainment.

The son-in-law of my friends in Pahrump is a professional motorcycle rider and we went down to Las Vegas one day to watch him race. It was a fun day being in the Vegas race track complex. They have a full blown NASCAR track, a drag race track, a short 1/2 mile "bull ring" and a road track. A beautiful facility.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 29, Escapee RV Parks: 10, Public RV Parks: 15, National Parks: 29, Major Ships: 5, Forts: 15

Expenses: 18 months on the road at an average of $ 1874 / month