Taunton, MA to Scusset Beach, MA. Cape Cod

Scusset Beach Travel Blog

Highland light

On October 2, I packed up and drove down to the Massachusetts State Park in Scusset Beach. This park is located at the East end of the Cape Cod canal and is very nice, laid out with many secluded sites that give you some degrees of privacy. This park fills up in the fall due to the fact that this is the peak time to fish the Canal for big Striped Bass and bluefish. I loved to fish here when I lived in MA and as a result thought it would be fun to see if I could catch some fish.

While down here, I visited my ex sister in law and we took a long day touring Cape Cod from Chatham to Provincetown. This trip "down Cape" included many stops at the beautiful beaches and lighthouses along the way. Touring the Cape after Labor Day is the best. The crowds of the summer are gone and it's much more comfortable.

We climbed to the top of Highland lighthouse and from the top could see all of Cape Cod. So beautiful on a great day.

Kind of already covered in the previous entry. Sorry!

Summary: Elk RV parking; 38; Escapee RV parks: 21; Public RV Parks: 29; National Parks: 42; Ships: 9; Forts: 17

Expenses: 30 months on the road with an average of $1907/ month.

Highland Lighthouse