Tallahassee, FL to Bluffton, SC Sun City, Hilton Head, Savannah, Parris Isl Museum, Ft Pulaski

Bluffton Travel Blog

Sun City RV Park

My sister had moved from Lowell, MA to Sun City, SC and this was an opportunity to visit and spend some time with her. Due to my travels, it had been a couple of years since I had seen her and it was good to get together again.

Sun City is one of the planned retirement communities built by Del Web and it is a huge well designed city within a city (Bluffton, SC). I would guess it has over 1000 homes within it. They are splt up into neighborhoods with some unique features or different designed homes in each. All through the community are containment ponds called "Lagoons" which are the home of many alligators. Don't leave your dogs or cats outside alone or they will not be there very long.

During my visit, my sister introduced me to many of her friends and we attended some of the daily activities held there such as a good concert, brunch, dinner out and a solo meeting.

Ft Pulaski
Toured Hilton Head which was a disappointment, you could not get close to the ocean and the traffic was horrible.

Took a drive over to Parris island and visited the Marine Museum there. There was not much to see as the museum was under construction and the main area was closed.

We visited Savannah and took a trolley ride around the city which was nice in spite of being in the rain. From there we visited Fort Pulaski which was another one of the Civil War Forts I have seen.

Close to Savannah was a nice museum featuring the "Mighty 8th Air Force". I spent quite a long time touring it and it was one of the better air museums I have see. Not a lot of planes on display but the design and things on display were done first class. If you have any interest in WW2, this one should be on your list.

My visit here was a good one and over to quickly, but it was time to move on and continue my travel north.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 40, Escapee Parks: 25, Public Rv Parks: 30, National Parks: 42, Major Ships: 10, Forts: 18

Expenses: 34 months on the road with an average of $1926 per month.

Bang