Sun City, SC to Charleston, SC.,

Charleston Travel Blog

Lake Airie RV Park

Left Sun City on May 9 and took the short drive up to the Lake Airie RV Park just south of Charleston, SC. The plan was to stay in the area and help my friend Mike and his family move. I had stayed in this park before and it was located close to their home as well as the city.

In between visits with the family, I took several drives around the area. Went down to Folly beach one day and checked out the fishing pier for a few hours. Other than the pier, I could not find any free access to the beaches and saw no fish caught. On another day, I went into Charleston and spent a nice day walking around the shore front. Visited the Fort Sumter Center which is good giving the history of the battle for the fort. (Star Spangled Banner).

When driving up from Sun City, I noticed my front brakes were grinding and as a result, I had a brake job done at the local Goodyear store where I purchased my tires a year before. While there I also had the tires rotated. They did that one at no charge because of my prior purchase of the tires.

After a couple of weeks at Lake Airie, it was time to move on to Sumter, SC as the packing was done and the moving van was full.

Summary: Elk Lodges RV Parking: 60; Escapee Parks: 27; Public RV Parks: 61; National Parks: 70; Major Ships: 17; Forts: 30

After 58 months on the road, average expenses were $1983 per month