Summerdale, AL to Phoenix, AZ to Honolulu, HI

Honolulu Travel Blog

Me

Left Mobile, AL airport and flew to Phoenix, AZ., where I stayed overnight before continuing on to Honolulu. Got picked up by my friend Mike and his wife and took a swing by the office to say hello to the gang and then off to Mike's house. I had a studio apartment in his home that was very comfortable and gave both of us some privacy.

He had purchased a sailboat since my last time in Hawaii and we spent the next 3 weeks working on it and sailing when the winds and waves were right. I got impailed on a brass snap hook one day when mooring and had to get a tetanus shot and 3 stitches.

Made a visit to my dermatologist where he scraped off a spot on my cheek and gave me a total body checkup for any suspicious spots.

Mike Hui Chin and Leah
After the discovery of a malignant growth last November, I am very careful. Fortunately all was OK.

Mike and his wife left for their trip to Singapore and I spent the balance of November enjoying Hawaii. Attended a UH football game where I was introduced to some first class tailgating. They really know how to get ready for a game.

December was relativly quiet for me and I enjoyed stock car races at the local park and when my friends returned from Singapore we attended the office Christmas party which was a lot of fun. We resumed more sailing when the weather permitted.

We took a Dolphin Excursion trip one day and had a great time out in the ocean swimming with them.

My visit in Hawaii ended in mid January and as the sun set in the west, I boarded the plane for the long trip back to Summerdale, AL where I will resume my RV travel.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 38, Escapee RV Parks: 24, Public RV parks: 29, National Parks: 42, major Ships: 9, Forts: 17

Expenses:

Through October 2005, 31 months traveling excluding time in Hawaii, my average monthly expenses were $1932

Dolphin Watch