Springfield, OH to Mercer, PA

Mercer Travel Blog

My next leg in my travels was to head a bit north to Mercer, PA. where I stayed in a large Rv park there.

In the 1980's I worked for a company who was building a new manufacturing plant in Sharon, PA. and I decided to visit it. Got lucky and found one guy that I had hired when I was working for them. I took a plant tour which was very interesting. Remembering when the plant was a concrete slab and now seeing it full of equipment and having expanded was quite a sight.

While in Mercer, Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and I stayed longer than I had planned watching the news as things developed down there. The storm rolled right over me as it worked it's way north and I had to wait it out before moving on.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 36, Escapee Parks: 21, Public RV Parks: 28, Ships: 9, Forts: 17, National Parks: 40

Expenses: Through August 2005, I have been traveling for 29 months with an average of $ 1906 per month. This month my expenses were unusually high with tires for the trailer and the brake cylinder for the truck.

kensac says:
The truck had sat for some time before I purchased it. The seals in the brake cylinder had dried out. 5 years old and it only had 16,000 miles so needless it was a great buy for me.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2006
X_Drive says:
I woulda thought the brakes would still be under warranty. But good thing you were that far north when Katrina rolled by.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2006