Russell, KS to Midwest City, OK. Tinker AFB, Air Park

Midwest City Travel Blog

Midwest City Elks Lodge

Leaving Russell, KS. I decided to take secondary roads down to Oklahoma City and camp at the Elks Lodge in Midwest City. The ride down was through flat plains all planted with new crops. The fields were all green and wooked almost like lawns because the crops had just been planted. No idea what the crops were. I passing through the tiny towns I found more brick paved streets in the central parts of the towns and boy were they rough and bumpy. Another thing I noticed was the lack of chain stores and resturants. The only ones I saw were Pizza Huts and Subway stores. Every town did have a Dollar Store however. In this part of southern Kansas and northern Oklahoma the churches were mostly Methodist and little else.

During my stay here, I took a short drive over to Tinker AFB and checked out the Air Park located just outside the base gate. The planes were well displayed and in great shape. Sure looks like they take good care of them. A B1 bomber was the prominent plane on display. What a big bird it is. While in Midwest City, I watched the Red Sox win the World Series in 4 games straight. Way to go guys!!!!!!

Summary: Elk Lodges: 57; Escapee RV Parks: 26; Public RV Parks: 54; National Parks: 69; Ships: 17; Forts: 30

Expenses: 52 months on the road with an average od $1964 per month.

Midwest City