Pratt, KS to Branson, MO., Fish Hatchery

Branson Travel Blog

Fish Hatchery

Left Pratt, Kansas and continued east on Route 54 to Springfield, MO where I turned south to Branson where I stayed at the Escapee RV Park. This leg took me across the high prarie and into the Ozark Mountains to Branson.

Branson as I am sure you all know is the home of many old semi retired, washed up entertainers. The town is packed with small funky little theaters featuring these folks. because the audience is primarily an older group, the shows are crowded in the afternoons with the evening shows ending early. The old folks need to get to bed early. Can't keep the old fogies up late.

The town is situated in a very hilly location with one main street where the majority of the theaters are located. Travel down this street is a real pain because of the traffic. Folks going and coming from the shows and restaurants clog it up all day and early evening. Why Branson was selected to be the home of these entertainers escapees me. I found nothing that would make me want to settle here.

Skipped the shows but visited a fish hatchery which was quite interesting. Thousands and thousands of brown and rainbow trout are raised there for release into the river and lake.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 35, Escapee RV Parks: 21, Public RV Parks: 25, National Parks: 38, Ships: 9, Forts: 17

Expenses: 28 months traveling with an average of $ 1874 per month.

Branson Fish hatchery