Norfolk VA to Frederick, MD

Frederick Travel Blog

Elks Lodge frederick, MD

My stay at the Norfolk Elks Lodge was cut short due to an electrical problem. They had not set up their RV parking area with enough power and as a result, I was sharing a line with a big motorhome who was running all of his systems including dual air conditioning units. Well, you can guess what happened, we blew up the electrical panel and after checking with the lodge , I found out it would be some time before they would get it fixed. With temperatures very high and loads of humidity, I decided to get out of Dodge and hit the road.

Decided to head north towards Gettsyburg but it was a long haul so I decided to lay over at the Elks Lodge in Frederick, MD. Unfortunately, I ran into the rush hour traffic from Washington DC and it was a real mess. Stop and go for many miles. It was not a fun ride! The Lodge was jammed with people and the parking lot was quite full which made parking a bit of a problem. temperaturs were running in the 100's with high humidity.

Summary:

Elk Lodges: 42, Escapee RV Parks: 25, Public RV Parks: 31, National Parks: 47, Major Ships: 10, Forts: 20

Expenses: 35 Months on the road with an average expense of $1951 per month.

Frederick