Honolulu, HI to Pahrump, NV

Pahrump Travel Blog

After a great visit in Hawaii, it was time to return to my travels. I flew back to Las vegas and returned to the great RV park in Pahrump.

Stayed there for about 6 additional weeks and did the usual trips to Las Vegas and quite a bit of maintenance on my truck and 5th wheel. had some rather severe water problems with my plumbing in the trailer which took quite a long time to get fixed.

I attended Death Valley Days in the little town of Shoshone which lies at the south end of Death Valley. it was a fun day with some of the old grizzled miners in attendence. A little behind the town is a bluff where a whole series of rooms were dug into the side of it. Miners and homeless men lived in the cave like rooms for quite a long time. They are all empty but still in good shape.

My friend Barbara returned and we spent some great time together. Our mutual friends daughter got married in Pahrump while she was there and we both helped out in the big event. All too soon, Barbara had to return to her home in Klamath. We carpooled together over to Turlock to visit my daughter who had just given birth to my second grandchild and we had a nice visit with her and the family. Barb then went north to Oregon and I returned to Pahrump.

Summary: Elk Lodges: 29, Escapee RV Parks: 10, Public RV Parks: 15, National Parks: 31, Major Ships: 7, Forts: 15

Expenses: 19 months on the road with an average of $1822 / month