From: Forestport, NY to Burlington, VT., Maritime Museum

Burlington Travel Blog

Lake Champlain Ferry

The ride from Forestport to Burlington was beautiful because I decided to take the rustic back roads up and over the Adirondack Mountains. Not much traffic on the twisty winding up and down roads. At Fort Ticonderoga, I took a short ferry ride across the lower end of Lake Champlain into Vermont. The rode was very beautiful through forests and farms in NY and VT. From the ferry, I turned north and drove up to Burlington where I ran into a lot of road construction in the city. Eventually I found the Elks Lodge there and parked in the back of the lot. They informed me that they were going to pave the lot and that I would be blocked from getting out for a day or two. I agreed that would not be a problem.

While in Burlington, I visited the museum in town and toured some lake boats they had on display. The balance of my stay was taken up in doing a couple of repairs on my rig. I replaced the water pump and fixed a leak behind the water heater. It is nice to be back in New England.

Summary: Elk Rv Parking: 45; Escapee RV Parks: 25; Public RV Parks: 33; National Parks: 49; Ships: 10; Forts: 20

Expenses: 36 months on the road with an average expense of $1958 per month.

Lake Champlain ferry