From Avon, NC down through Wilmington, Bluffton, SC., Tallahassee, FL and to Summerdale, AL

Summerdale Travel Blog

Ferry ride, NC

The month I spent on the Outer Banks went by way too quickly and it was time to move on. Packed up and drove down to the ferry from Hatteras to Okrakoke. Drove the length of Okrakoke Island and took the the second ferry to Cedar Island. Drove down to Wilmington, NC where I parked at the Elks Lodge for the night.

The next morning, I continued on to Bluffton, SC where I parked at the Sun City RV parking area and spent several days visiting with my sister who lives there. We had a nice visit and she made sure to introduce me to several of her single lady friends. I think she was hoping I would find one that interests me but, no luck. Sun City is just a few miles inland of Hilton Head and I was surprised to wake up one morning to find frost on the truck. It's getting cold and I need to continue south. My plan is to always follow the frost line south.

After a visit of several days, I continued on and stayed overnight at the Tallahassee Elks Lodge. From there I drove on to my winter spot at the Escapee Rv Park in Summerdale, AL.

Summary: Elk RV Parking: 48; Escapee RV Parks: 25; Public RV Parks: 38; National Parks: 53; Ships: 12; Forts: 22

Expenses: 40 months on the road with an average of $1960 per month.

Ferry boat