A tale of Mailmen, Travel Agents and...shopping!

Santee Travel Blog

I got home from the zoo I call work today and found a large box sitting on my porch. Hmmmm, what could this be?  I am expecting my travel packet from the agency that arranged this trip, but in such a large box?  Well we are going to Ireland, maybe they included a bottle of Jamesons or a 6 pack of Guinness. Well I picked up the package...and it is addressed to one of my neighbors. One I have not met yet as they just moved in a few days ago.  Not that I need an excuse to be nosy, but know I have a reason to go down and introduce myself. As I am walking out the door, the new neighbor is walking up my driveway. He has a package that looks more like I was expecting. We introduce ourselves and exchange packages. Seems the mailman (no wait, why be PC, I know she is a woman) mixed up who got what. He got my package and I got his.  So now I have my tickets and I am good to go......or am I?

The damn curse of the double L's strikes again. It seems no matter how often I tell people, they can't seem to spell my last name correctly.  As I looked at the tickets, it struck me...Damn it!  They misspelled my last name. Now just a little bit of panic sets in. The paperwork that accompanied the tickets clearly states to make sure there are "NO" mistakes on the tickets as it might cause problems at the airport!  Well I wrote the travel agent, and she told me not to worry. She will contact the Airline and let them know of the misspelling. I hope Aer Ling is on the ball!

Next step...new clothes for the trip. I have decided I need some new togs. Top of that list is a new jacket. The one I have now if for a sensible dad of young boys...and looks like it. I need something that screams...Take me out to the Pub!  But where will I find a jacket in San Diego in the Spring?  Hmmm, looks like I need the company of a member of th fairer sex!

ShelliAngel78 says:
ahhhh the curse of the dreaded double L's, oh how I know it well, of course I am your sister so hey we follow the same curse! :-) I am sooo excited to hear about your trip, how I wish I was going with you!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2008
sarahelaine says:
the sensible jacket sounds scary- a bit like when I go somewhere straight after work and have to ditch the grown up shoes!
Posted on: Mar 13, 2008