Twas the night before

Santee Travel Blog

Well it is the night before I leave....and I am pretty much ready.  Just have to pack.  And for those that know me, I like to do that right before I leave. My flight tomorrow is at 5pm out of LAX, so I will be leaving here around 11:00. Since I have flying issues, I will prob toss and turn tonight, get up early, pack and be ready to leave at the appointed time. I looked into different options on how to get myself up to LA for the flight and finally decided to just drive my old beater pick up truck up and leave it in one of the long term lots. It will cost about $5 a day, so at $50 it is still about $180 less than flying from San Diego to LAX to catch my flight. Plus this way I dont have to impose upon anybody to drive me to the airport. I have actually had several friends offer to drive me...and that was all the way to LA from SD. Do I have great friends or what? :)

My mother flew in from Alaska last night. She is going to be staying with my boys while I am out doing an actual pub crawl and drinking my favorite Guinness. I am sure she was really looking forward to spending the time with the boys...but I am also sure that getting out of the snowy Alaska north did not hurt her decision either! The boys will be back in school next week, but I am sure they all will have a great time. There is so much to do here in San Diego.

The last time I went overseas I took my laptop. That trip had us staying in places for 4-5 nights at a time, so I did not mind. But this trip will have me moving every couple of nights, so I am only taking my PDA and a travel keyboard. It will give me GPS capability (so if I go hiking in the wilds I will not get lost) and SKYPE, so maybe I can actually call home and not have to take a 2nd out on my house.  It should also allow me to access the internet if I can find a wireless connection. I think that will allow me to keep in contact with family and friends a bit easier. For those that have my Hotmail email address....feel free to send me an email.

photo by: sdbleve