Food

Budapest Travel Blog

WOW!  What more can I say.  The food in Budapest was AWESOME!  Four main meals...two lunch, two dinner.

Day 1 Lunch - Pilvax, off Vaci Utca.  First taste of Tokaji, honest service (our waiter recommended we not get soup starters as the main courses would be more than enough), a very nice Veal Goulash, and some nice wine to accompany.  Total damage was around 15 Euros a person!!!

Day 1 Dinner - Don't remember the name (Think it may have been Bajor Sarok).  Corner of Akacfa Utca and Dohany.  Very good food.  Again, very inexpensive for the quality.  Followed by drinks at Old Man's Music Pub on Akacfa (Blues Brothers) and then Champ's Sports Bar on Dohany.

Day 2 Lunch - Fatal - Vaci Utca 69.  Recommended by the apartment agent.  Very nice menu and good food.  A little pricier than the others, based mainly on location I think.

Day 2 Dinner - Cafe Vian - Liszt Ferenc Ter.  This place is awesome.  Great food.  Great crowd.  Excellent drinks.  Truly enjoyed this restaurant.

ms_travelr says:
Plan on visiting one of these years and now have a list of places to eat. thanks.
Posted on: Apr 18, 2008
David says:
I had the same experience in Budapest, it was my second favorite city next to Prague. But Budapest by far had the best food there and so cheap (relatively) too. The wine was great too, I wish stores here in the States would carry Hungarian wine.
Posted on: Apr 09, 2008
We rented our apartment through Elite Apartments.  We had the two bedroom apartment on Josef Atilla for 55 Euros a night.  VERY NICE!!!  Well worth it...great location.  Within 200 meters of Chain Bridge, Vaci Utca, St. Stephen's and Deak Ferenc Ter (main Metro connection point).  Walked everywhere except City Park...but even that would have been walkable if we didn't want to take a Metro ride for the sake of it.