KLM flight out of JFK

New York Travel Blog

We drove to Westport, CT, where my cousins live. We then took a van from Connecticut to NYC, where we boarded a 6 PM KLM Royal Dutch Airways direct flight from NYC to Amsterdam.

The flight was perhaps the smoothest I've ever been on.  The staff was very friendly and hospitable. We sat in the first row of the Coach seats which was nice, though there was a screaming baby in the same row.  Each seat had it's own monitor for movies, tv shows, and games!  Because there were so many movie titles available, it was a VERY nice feature to have on the trip and helped the flight go a lot faster. I watched The Queen, which was an outstanding movie about the Royal Family following Princess Diana's death. As always, the flight tracking device fascinated me. It was great to be able to see where we were flying over!  Though the  Dutch are not known for their food, the meal we had on the plane was quite good.

It is impossible to describe the feeling one has as they fly to a new destination.  I was so excited to finally go to Amsterdam. I love flying because every time i step on a plane, I get to go somewhere different than home.
nonna says:
I know what you mean about the flight tracking device being hypnotic. I always watch it too as though something is going to happen. Too many video games probably.
Posted on: Feb 14, 2007
ciaobella says:
If you have time, you should take a quick train to Haarlem. Its a great town I used to live in that is smaller and less touristed than amsterdam. I loved living there and its always nice to leave the city, though you dont have lots of time. but if you do...
Posted on: Dec 20, 2006
X_Drive says:
We had a very good flight on KLM last year from LA to Amsterdam. Even good food. Enjoy your trip!
Posted on: Dec 15, 2006