Autumn in Upper

Upper Sandusky Travel Blog

Disc Golf Anyone?

Columbus Day provided me with a day off work.  This area was experiencing perfect summer-like weather.  The past few days have been beautiful with the colors of autumn making their annual appearance!  I decided to take a mini tour of my hometown and enjoy the weather while it lasted.

My mode of transportation was my LSV (low speed vehicle - aka golf cart).  Maybe I should explain - to combat the high cost of gasoline, I decided to go "green" this summer and purchased "Beano" - a 25 mph electric golf cart.  During the summer, my husband and I have "tooled" around town saving gas and enjoying a slower pace of life.  I took delivery the second week of June, and have traveled over 700 miles just in town.  We drive Beano (I nicknamed the cart after the product "Beano" - no gas!) to the grocery, church, on errands around town, to work, and visiting family and friends.

Peaceful

The Upper Sandusky Reservoir and surrounding park area proved to be a beautiful area to take colorful autumn pictures.  Beano was the perfect vehicle allowing me to "sneek up" on wildlife and easily set up the tripod for pictures.  I spent about 2 hours just enjoying the sights and weather knowing the days are numbered before the winter once again sets in.

I wanted to share just why I love living in my hometown.  Although I grumble a lot about the cold, gray winter days, I like the change of seasons.  It is very hard for me to choose a favorite.  Each season is unique and offers something I find exciting.

Colorful
  Spring is like watching the world wake up from a long nap.  Flowering trees, spring bulbs blooming with colorful flowers, and the grass turning green.  Summer is warm and sunny!  How can you not love the long days of daylight and many outside opportunities in the yard!   Autunm, as you can see from the pictures, is just bursting with color!  The weather is warm yet cooler in the evenings.  Winter is probably my least favorite time.  While the days of the snow covered landscape has its own beauty, the bitter cold is not to my liking.  It is funny how age tends to creep into the picture.  The joints just don't work as well as they used to.  For the winter enthusiast, snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, and skating were activities I enjoyed in the past.

So, I would like to share with you my pictures taken on my autumn journey.  Reservoir Park is located on the east side of Upper Sandusky.  There are two areas - the older more established section and the newer, larger area.  Bike/jogging trails provide a nice scenic ride/walk.  Many people take advantage of the fishing opportunites and picnic areas.  There are wetlands many geese, ducks, heron, and other waterfowl call home.  There is a disc golf course which hosts tournaments during the summer months.  Boats with electric motors only are allowed on the water.  There is plenty of parking.  Enjoy the visit!

Autumn
Chillin
Chillin'
Ready for Take Off
Ready for Take Off
Can You See The Courthouse Dome in…
Can You See The Courthouse Dome i…
Bike/Jogging Path