Laura's gone :(

Chico Travel Blog

How sad!  We had to take her back today.  I drove to the airport (about 1 1/2 hrs from Chico), and then Jesse hopped in the driver's seat to drive around a few times while I walked Laura inside.  It felt weird saying goodbye, and I thought, "I guess this is how people do things when they live away from family."  Depending on where Jesse chooses to go to law school, we might get good at dropping people off at airports... but so far, I don't like it.  :)

Anyway, tonight I got an email from the airline, telling me 'my flight' was scheduled to depart Houston tomorrow morning and connect in Miami!  I called the airline right away, because Laura was supposed to connect in Houston and fly straight home tonight.  I had a freaking out moment when they told me her flight had been delayed touching down in Houston because of weather and that she wouldn't fly out till tomorrow.  I pictured a 16-yr-old by herself with no cell phone, no money for food or phone calls, sleeping in the airport!  Of course I was overreacting, because the airline provided her a phone to call Mom, and a place to stay, and meal vouchers.  And a nice stewardess even helped her get a flight directly to Orlando so she won't have to fenangle the Miami airport (yay!).  The only thing I'm mad about now is that she could have stayed another whole day with ME if she was going to miss another day of school!  Oh well.  An adventure for her to talk about.  I can't wait to hear it from her.  :)

photo by: princessbride029