EuropeFranceLyon

Lunch in Lyon

Lyon Travel Blog

After a couple of hours driving through the alps, we emerged in Lyon. Driving by the Rhone it already seemed like a beautiful city with nice colors. We were given a couple hours for lunch & exploring on our own. I wasn't yet hungry so I walked with Phil, Harris, and Aaron down one of the center streets of the city. At the end we found a large Ferris Wheel. It was looked so nice and Phil and I wanted to go on it, but Harris and Aaron, I don't know why but they didn't want to go. So we ran to it to check the price and it said it no where! All of the signs were in German, but that wasn't the problem because Phil is from Germany. We were too embarrassed by our French and decided not to try. We started walking back crushed that we couldn't go. Then we met up with James, Noah, Ben, all good students in the French courses offered at our school.
They asked and we finally got to go on for 5 Euro.
Best investment of the trip! It was so large we would go above the rooftops of all the buildings, it was incredible! Since there were no passengers but ourselves we went around for more times than is usual.
By the time we got down we were all hungry so me and Phile left the others who had already eaten sandwiches prior. We stopped at a little sandwich shop and I had a great panini of goat cheese delicious!!
We decided to go exploring the Rhone after lunch so we walked down to the river and walked along it looking at all the boats and bridges. Finally it was time to head back to the bus. Lyon was a great place, and I wish I had more time there. We saw a number of interesting buildings from the top  of the Ferris wheel, but they were all too far away to walk.
Ann_Hells says:
I only saw a small bit but it was so nice! Thank you for your recommendation :)
Posted on: Mar 06, 2008
hirondellenhi says:
I lived in Lyon for 4 months. I was wonderful. You should come back and visit next time. THe park tete d'or was amazing. I still remember that park.
Posted on: Mar 03, 2008
Largest portable Ferris wheel in E…
Largest portable Ferris wheel in …
one of the highlights of the trip
one of the highlights of the trip
Noah and James on the Ferris wheel
Noah and James on the Ferris wheel
Rhone
Rhone
Almdudler, the best drink.
Almdudler, the best drink.
Lyon