A boat trip

Sihanoukville Travel Blog

Well, one of my friends was too hungover; another had stomach problems and we'll leave it at that; and the third could not be found, so I headed on this boat/snorkeling trip only with yours truely.  The crew, so to speak, consisted of mostly couples and old people so it didn't appear to be heaps of fun from the start.  However, first we stopped outside an island for some quick snorkeling, which included some intersting coral, a bunch of sea urchins, and numerous colorful fish.

We then headed to Koh Russei, or Bamboo Island for some beach time, lunch, and a few hours to explore.  Now, I'm the first one to admit that tours are not the way to go, but there was enough freedom offered, it covered a few things which would be hard by myself, and it was cheap.  Therefore, not having a camera, my words won't be able to describe the island perfectly, but the water was clean, clear, and a sorta turquoise-green which kinda reminded me of pictures of Thailand, I say pictures because I have never been.  On the way back in, more snorkeling was had at a nearby island and finally we pulled up to Serendipity Beach with some color and a decent experience.