Singapore Layover

Singapore Travel Blog

It seems many people complain about the long layover at Changi Airport if they happen to fly via Singapore. I couldn't have felt differently when I had to book a Singapore Airline ticket from Mumbai to San Francisco. I didn't know how I was going to spend those 8 hours until I landed in Singapore on a bright morning. The airport is actually one of the best in south Asian continent. There are plenty of shops to explore if you are a shopping freak. Also they have a lot of food and beverage shops as well. Free wireless internet terminals, video games, movie plex... the list goes on. I didn't want to spend my time in Singapore inside the airport. So I went to the immigration service and got myself a transit pass valid for just a day to go out and explore the city. It is easy to get around in Singapore. I bought the MRT train/Bus passes from the airport terminal.

Everything I saw and experienced in Singapore were wonderful. The city is clean and well maintained. The people are friendly and nice. I walked around in China town, Esplanade and Merlion Park. Here are some pictures that I took while I was there. Enjoy!

Vikram says:
It's a very clean city and got lots of great shopping places. I'd love to live in Singapore, although Far eastern cities like s'pore, KL and Bangkok bore me from a sightseeing point of view. it's a bit too highrise and too "techie" for me to appreciate it as a holiday spot, especially living in the US where we see so many identical landscapes.
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008
i wasnt carrying one..
i wasn't carrying one..
hairy and scary!
hairy and scary!
i saw a monalisa in her..
i saw a monalisa in her..