one of my favorites

Barcelona Travel Blog

...Seriously, 4 days in Barcelona just isn't enough.  i could have stayed for weeks.

I spent a lot of time wandering through la ramblas just taking in the sights, sounds, smells of it all.  there are great little shops, fab cafes and pubs lots of people watching and no shortage of entertainment.

My hostel was great, I stayed at "Kabul".  The rooms were clean, and well maintained, the common area was lively, the beer was cheap and two free meals a day were servered - breakfast and dinner.  Can't complain about that!!  The location was fabulous, just steps away from La Ramblas.

The first day i was there, i wandered around the maze of streets surrounding La Ramblas - there is so much to take it.

so beautiful
  Little shops selling unique clothing, jewelry, souveniers, anything you could want.  When the day was over i was so tired!!  I felt like i had walked all day.

Day two was sunny and warm so i decided to take advantage of the weather and head to the beach.  with a long boardwarlk-type area to stroll down and lots of people around, it was a great way to spend the afternoon.  The only negative point was the folk wandering up and down the beach selling cold drinks or offering massages.  Don't get me wrong, it's great that they do that and i hope they make a living, but it seemed that there were more than necessary for the amount of people on the beach at the beginning of october.

Day three i decided to see camp nou!  It was top of my list for barcelona and with the weather being not so great i figured that was as good a time as any to take it in.

Plus that night i was planning on watching my beloved Celtic take on Milan in the Champions League Qualifier round.  So it was a day of footie for me.  Camp Nou was everything i thought it would be and more.  It's an enormous stadium and you can almost feel the spirit inside it.  I wish I could have taken in a game - that really would have been something. Oh well, next time.  That night i found an irish bar to watch Celtic play.  It was a brilliant game!!  Celtic beat Milan 2-1 which must have been some sort of miracle.  I'm not the type of traveller that goes abroad and hangs out in pubs that they could get back home - but I needed to see this game.  After the game i went back to the hostel and met up with a couple people that were in the room with me and we drank some beers mmmmmm

My last day in Barcelona I knew what i had to do - i had to go to Montjuic.

The view from the top was magnificent.  Although it did make me kind of depressed because I saw how huge the city is and how little of it I had actually seen in my few days in Barcelona.  The parks are very pretty and there are so many hidden little gardens and buildings and benches, there is so much to discover, i only wish that i had more time to spend there!

It seems like that is my motto of the trip:  I only wish i had more time.

I will be back Barcelona!!

so beautiful
after i almost got mugged, the mug…
after i almost got mugged, the mu…
such an amazing building