0105 Detour through Dcheira (Mor 016—revisit)

Dcheira Travel Blog

Right across the street from Inezgane is Dcheira, another Agadir suburb town where you definitely won’t find a lot of tourists wandering about.  Dcheira has a bit of an identity crisis… nearby Agadir is a tourism hub, Inezgane is the commercial hub, and Tekiouine on the far side is the famous starting point for buses heading to Europe.   But Dcheira doesn’t have any real boasting points—just a working class town for with a tough reputation.

My memories of Dcheira are positive ones.  When I was living in Agadir area back in the nineties, I found Dcheira to be a pleasant, down to earth place to stroll around with a bustling, authentic Moroccan atmosphere, in contrast with the rather artificial feel of the tourist zone of Agadir.  I especially enjoyed the “Main Street”, a long stretch packed with a colourful variety of shops.

Today I just make a quick hike from one end of town to the other, find a quiet little park to strum in, and do my video clip on a spot by the Inezgane-Tekiouine highway where I remember being able to see a snow capped peak far, far away back in 1996.

Then I continue on towards Agadir on foot.

photo by: nathanphil