Day Eight

Irvine Travel Blog

The trip odometer couldn't handle five digits, but we traveled 1494.8 miles that trip. And although it only says 95, it got up to 115 degrees.
In Vegas, I had a job interview with Cirque du Soleil (we all know how much I love them, it was just a matter of time) and lots of good food. It was hot. Vegas is always hot, but Vegas in July plus global warming is just stupid. I bought a Cirque mask at the shop in Bellagio with a giftcard my great aunt gave me for graduation. It's beautiful, and handmade. John says I shold stop "putting it on (my) face" because the signature on the inside will wear off, but I think that's what a mask is for. We have agreed to disagree.

John, against his better judgement and my constant nagging, drank too much on our last night in Vegas. I got to drive the car home. I also got to stop every fifty miles or so to ask some confused gas station attendant for a plastic bag. No, I'm not buying anything, just a plastic bag, please. Bet you can guess what it was for.

It took us about five hours. Our Disneyland annual passes expired that day, but John was too sick to go with me so we ordered pizza and watched DVDs at home instead. Vacations tend to end with whimpers rather than bangs, don't they? Thus ended the great Summer Vacation trip of 2006.
The trip odometer couldnt handle …
The trip odometer couldn't handle…
Irvine