My Weekend!

Santiago Travel Blog

This past weekend has, and will continue to be, quite busy-my weekends last til Tuesday(no monday classes). I went to a friends birthday party on Thursday. It was a mostly extranjero(foreigner) night, but it was with a lot of the people from the spanish course that I took before the semester. It was nice to see people who I haven't seen in a  few weeks.

Friday, I was actually quite productive getting paperwork done for school and aparment logistics. Friday night my new roommate invited me to join her and a few friends to go bowling. She and I were the only gringas there, so we spoke spanish the whole time. They are a group of friends from church who meet up every Friday night, so we will hopefully be hanging out with them on Fridays! After bowling with them, I went over to a friend's apartment for a bbq. There were several chileans there as well, so we spoke spanish there as well. I actually talked politics and told stories and used correct verb tenses(i think)! In total, I spent close to 6 hours speaking spanish, with just a few english interruptions. It was really good practice.

Saturday, my productivity level was pretty low during the day. At night, however, I went to a Jazz Club here with some friends, and when that was over, we went to another friend's birthday party. It was quite interesting getting from the Club to the party however. We waved down a bus and got it to stop where there wasn't a bus stop. Then, when we got off the bus, we realized we were still a fair distance away. We also didn't want to show up to the party empty-handed, but couldn't find anywhere open to buy anything. Finally, we catch a taxi(6 of us crunched in-5 in the back seat). The cab was already in bad condition, it didn't need the extra people in it. Turns out, we were really just around the block and it was approximately a $1.25 taxi ride-oops! The party was nice. It was probably half and half foreigners to chileans, so we got to do a bit of spanish speaking. More practice!!!

Today, I will hopefully get a bit of studying done. I have a group presentation on Tuesday afternoon and a linguistics test on Wednesday. I also can move into my apartment as of tonight at 5!!! I am so excited. I'll be doing most of the moving tomorrow morning, then studying by my POOL all day tomorrow. I'll have an update about the apartment soon. Sorry I forgot to take pictures over the weekend!
photo by: Bluetraveler