Tucson, Arizona

Tucson Travel Blog

Before moving to Australia I was working in South Africa for a company based in Tucson Arizona. On multiple occasions I had to go to the head office and had opportunities to visit, during the weekends, this spectacular state of the American South West.

My very first trip was a 2 month visit in July and August... a bit hot for my taste! It was great on a few occasions to go up Mt Lemmon to find some cooler temperatures! The following trips that I made were in spring or autumn.  It was far more pleasant!

One of the main attractions right next to Tucson is the Sonora Desert Museum. Just while going there you drive through some incredible scenery with those huge desert cacti. Not too far away are the Old Tucson Movie Studios where so many western films were made, starring actors such as John Wayne or Ronald Reagan!

Also worth mentioning are the Mission San Xavier del Bac, the Pima Air & Space Museum, and a bit further away , Biosphere II in Oracle, Tombstone or the mining town of Bisbee.

The next entries contain photographs of the most spectacular sites that I visited in Arizona.

Mt Lemmon in the background