arriving in Sligo and meeting Clara

Sligo Travel Blog

Eden Hill Hostel, where I first met Clara

In Charlestown, I found a phone and called ahead to Eden Hill Hostel to reserve a bed for the night.  Heading up Market Square (N17) toward Sligo, I noticed the rural roads had gradually become modern highways o’er the progression my decreasingly scenic drive.  There were still pastures and the odd ruin, but the general landscape could just as well have been New Hampshire.  Having been through stunning Connemara and the Ring of Kerry, of course, my aesthetic sensibilities were had become less easily impressed.

In Sligo, I bought some food at a small grocery store nearby before checking in at Eden Hill.  In the hostel, I met Clara!  Wow, she was a sweet, hot, Spanish girl who had arrived a few minutes before I did and was still in the lobby.  Clara and I hit it off immediately.  We shared bread in the kitchen and got to know each other in her room.  It was an enchanting conversation as we sat atop opposing bunk beds and applied our respective knowledge of each other’s language to communicate the best we could.

Eager to spend more time together, we went out to Shoot the Crows pub on Castle Street for some tradi’ music and Guinness.  A French fellow traveler, whom I had earlier met at the hostel, joined us on our bench and playfully began making passes at Clara.  Not to be out done, I sat between them and, placing an arm around my prize with exaggerated confidence, assured him that Clara was with me.  We all had fun laughing and joking while consuming cerveza and listening to the band.

The passion that had been building between Clara and me since first we locked eye in Eden boiled over in the pub when we began to kiss and did not stop.  At closing time, we hiked through the cold back to our hostel, but we were not yet ready to separate to our different rooms, so we spent a couple of hours in my car talking and kissing some more while we warmed up with the engine running.  Back inside, I finally crawled onto my tiny bunk at 4:30 in the morning.
korrahh says:
nothing like guinness and french competition to get you to secure your prize,lol.
Posted on: Feb 29, 2008
Eden Hill Hostel, where I first me…
Eden Hill Hostel, where I first m…
photo by: fransglobal