A Quick Tour of Key West

Key West Travel Blog

Sunsets are famous in Key West

What can you do in Key West, FL when you have only a little time in port, and you are there in the morning!  Key West is one of our favorite cities!  But - everyone knows Key West is an evening and night life place.  We decided to take the trolley that would take you around town, give you a little history lesson, and allow you to get on and off at different places.  What this didn't explain to us is the trolley runs a certain schedule and another may not come along very quickly.

We took the trolley to the southernmost point.  Here we visited the marker of the sourthernmost point in the US and visited the Butterfly Garden.  At the Butterfly place, we learned of the life cycle of the butterfly, and then went in to the beautiful netted garden area to stroll among them in their habitat.

There are other watercraft out there!
  They are everywhere!  Such beautiful colors are they float by!  I'm a butterfly lover, so this was heaven for me!

Back out to the streets, but no trolley.  We were told at one of the stops that it was a slow day, so only a couple were running, but we were quickly seeing our time in Key West flying by.  So off on foot!  Proving this to also be time consuming, we found a golf cart rental place, and chose that form of transportation for the remainder of our stay.

A couple DON'T MISS spots - The Key Lime Shoppe.  Key Lime pie on a stick is a wonderful dessert!  A generous portion of frozen Key Lime pie is dipped in chocolate, and a very tasty treat!  Also in the shop, you can purchase Kermit's Key Lime Juice (my daughter thinks it is the best)!  While there, we shipped several bottles to her!

The remainder of the time was spent going through the little quaint shops of Duval Street.  As crazy Ohio State Football fans, the universal cry is to yell O-H and see who replies back with a hefty I-O.  Well, we found many fans while walking the streets of Key West!  Maybe my OSU backpack gave us away, but meeting other Buckeyes is always fun!  All too soon is was time to be back onboard.  As we sailed away from Key West, we hoped to return soon for a little longer stay!

Footnote:  Where are my pictures?  I can't seem to find the disc!  Hopefully I will find it real soon!

bkretzer says:
Oops. Make that a year and two months. We were there in 2007.
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
bkretzer says:
We took a Disney Cruise for our 20th Anniversay, just 2 months after you! We also hit Key West and Cozumel. We had a great time. Too bad we could stick around for the nightlife. I wanted to be a part of the Duval Crawl. Although I probably would have been crawling pretty early in the evening! LOL
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
Sunsets are famous in Key West
There are other watercraft out the…
There are other watercraft out th…
Key West