The big day...

Eltville Travel Blog

Well the wedding day finally arrived and as usual my family was getting exquisitely stressed.  There’s not really much to review travel wise unless you intend o go back in time and attend my sister’s wedding but a brief rundown of events is as follows.

The ceremony was within the castle, all done in German with an English translation topped off with a reading from my good self (D.I.S.C.O in case you’re wondering.)

The castle was the setting for ‘The Name of the Rose’ apparently and following the ceremony we decamped to the rose gardens along the battlements for the champagne reception and thousands of photos.

A steady supply of fizz kept everyone cheerful whilst we jockeyed for the best photo positions with the other three weddings that were taking place there the same day.

After a couple of hours it was time for more food and we all returned to the hotel for the main meal and yet more wine.  Thankfully this was the time when the weather chose to rain for half an hour and by the time we had finished the meal it was bright sunshine again.

The next event was the much anticipated cruise on the Rhein – and a nicer way to spend an evening I don’t think you’ll find.  With a nice warm evening, a big open deck to sit on and a supply of drinks we partied well into the night...

photo by: dougal