Why Hello There Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

Chinese New Year Parade

With Chinese New Year upon us and the Six Nations Rugby also playing it's part it was another long weekend in Sydney - and what a weekend it was! In the space of 4 days I got absolutely soaked in the rain, got sunburn, found out how much the Welsh rugby fans like hating the English, wandered around Sydney at 6am (not the first time and it won't be the last), blagged my way into 2 bars even though I didn't have ID, met a woman from Worcester, my home town, gained money, spent money, found cider, found job, found place to live in Sydney, found sanity, lost reality and everything else in between!

So the time has come to say farewell to my family and say hello Sydney centre.  My family have been so good to me it's unbelievable, I'm very lucky to have spent time with them and to have gotten on so well with them.

At Buli Beach
  They really have made my stay in Australia very enjoyable, letting me do as I wish, whether that be including me in their trips out at the weekend to the Blue Mountains/Buli Beach (for example) or buying me cider and letting me have the TV to myself while I watch Australia's 'So You Think You Can Dance?'.

I now live on the 53rd floor of a place called World Tower, 5 minutes walk from Darling Harbour, round the corner from the local pubs, opposite a Subway, I have free use of the swimming pool, sauna, spa and gym, the supermarket is just downstairs and the best veggie burgers in the world are a few minutes up the street, the view from the balcony is great and today the sun is shining. I'm one happy little koala.

The Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains
Inside the forest at the Blue Moun…
Inside the forest at the Blue Mou…
At the Blue Mountains