Happy *hic* New Year!!

Sydney Travel Blog

Fireworks - yay

In Sydney already is my friend Francine, she's been here for 5 months working as a nanny for her aunt and uncle, so she's had plenty of time to plan New Years Eve and even though my bank balance was unhappy at the prospect we opted to buy tickets for one of the boats that would be sailing around the harbour.  It was £250 that included all the alcohol and food you could consume.  The views from the boat for the fireworks were amazing, and it was great cheering and waving at the people on other boats as they sailed past.  Any available space on the sides of the harbour were packed and seemed to have a really cool atmosphere.

On the boat I met an Australian couple from Queensland who wern't quite sure if I was British or Canadian!?!  I also met 2 couples from England and as it turned out one of them had a son who may have shared the same class as Francine at Bristol University.

Me and Francine

After departing from the boat at 1am I immediatley started ringing family and friends, drunkly wishing them a happy new year and warning them it was on it's way.  Before I knew it I'd paid some door guy $40 and found myself in a latin club in Darling Harbour, so me and Francine danced the night away until 5am at which point we then tried to find a taxi while wandering the streets of Sydney..as were loads of other people, it took us 15 minutes to find a taxi that wasn't full.

In the end my pockets were devoid of cash but it was a brilliant night, I wouldn't pay that much to go on the boat again for New Year but I'm glad I had the experience.

Me and Francine
The packed shores of Sydney on New…
The packed shores of Sydney on Ne…
Crazy New Year