Scotch Whisky, a Faux Pas, and a Brazilian Boy

Edinburgh Travel Blog

Brazilian Boy and Faux Paux
We got back to Edinburgh by 5pm. On our way back to Bus Station Backpackers, we stopped at the grocery store near St. Andrews Bus Station so I can pick up some last minute souvenirs...several boxes of Scottish shortbread cookies and 3 bottles of fine single malt Scotch Whisky...not all for me by the way!

After checking back in to the hostel, we asked Steve for recommendations for a nice but affordable restaurant for my last night in Scotland. His first recommendation was a French bistro called Maison Bleue in Old Town. Just then Francisco returned and we asked if he wanted to join us for dinner. He was down but wanted to freshen up first. While Francisco was in the loo, Steve brought to our attention that we had committed a faux pas.
A Scottish Thirst Quencher!
..inviting someone to a restaurant that may be out of his budget. Ooops...my bad!

Anyways, we braved the cold night and headed into Old Town. To remedy our violation of social etiquette, we decided to check out the menu first which was luckily, posted outside. Francisco was ok with the menu...YAY! Dinner was fabulous!

After dinner, we went back to the hostel because I still had to figure out how I was going to fit all my clothes, toiletries, and souvenirs into one rolling luggage and one carry-on. Fortunately, Mar volunteered to lug one of the bottles of whisky to my brother in the Bay Area because she scheduled a stopover in San Francisco before her flight back to Hawaii. I packed the many boxes of shortbread cookies in a duffle bag for my carry-on. Then, I carefully packed the other bottles of whisky between layers of clothing in my luggage that I was going to check-in. I had a bit of trouble zipping it up but eventually I got it closed. My check-in looked as if it was going to burst at the seams! Before I fell asleep, I secretly prayed that the bottles wouldn't break and that the fabric wouldn't rip.
Francisco and I
Francisco and I
Edinburgh Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Best Meal in Edinburgh!
Maison Bleue Restaurant is fantastic bistro-like establishment in Old Town Edinburgh, a short distance away from the Royal Mile/High Street. The build… read entire review
Edinburgh