Krisi and me in Vienna

Vienna Travel Blog

I went to visit my good friend Krisi, who I met in San Sebastian 2 years ago. I've been meaning to go for the last two years but college essays got in the way. Vienna was AMAZING! It suited almost every part of my likes when travelling. Culture, language, art, architecture, night life, great beer, great food. Not much of a coffee drinker but the melanges in Vienna are to die for. Spending time just chilling out for a few hours in the cafe houses were great. Ate wiener schnitzel and potatoe salad and drank copious amounts of in house brew including hemp beer which was actually really nice! The big jugs of beer were a welcome change to the tiny glasses of beer you get in Germany! Proper order! I also visited Charlie P's-can't visit anywhere without going to an Irish pub, cute Dub with no German working behind the bar. Great University City. The Welt fairtrade cafe was great! Unreal selection of food and brekkie is served all day. It also had an alcohol license so you could have a beer or glass of wine with your brekkie if that's your thing! H&M had a golden elevator and there were beautiful greek goddess statues adorning the outside of EVERY building! Went to see the Gustav Klimt expo in Upper Belvedere. I've been staring at posters and postcards of his work for years so it was mesmerizing looking at the real deal, especially his unfinished works just to see how he worked! Spending time with Krisi was great! And her friends, Kali and Antonia were so nice. It was great drinking and eating and staying up all night chatting! Let's not forget the first episode of Grey's Anatomy new series in German-nice!
Vienna