Favorite Seafood Places.

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Garlic noodles and lobster at Crustacean - soooo good!

Malibu Seafood (25653 Pacific Coast Highway)(Malibu)(Cheap/Average).  Literally a seafood shack with million-dollar views.  You just keep going north on PCH, past Pepperdine… you'll think you've passed it, but just keep going until you see a big sign with a lobster sitting on a beach chair.  Then find a place to park in the sandy/gravelly lot and stand patiently in line to place your order, find a seat in the seating areas and wait for your order to be called while enjoying the view.  I usually bring some wine since they don't serve alcohol.  My favs:  steamed clams, shrimps and mussels, fried oysters.   Since it's Malibu, that means you'll see random celebrities.  I've seen Anthony Hopkins, Cindy Crawford, amongst various others.

Water Grill (544 S. Grand)(Downtown LA)(Expensive).  Again one of those places I don't necessarily think of going to on weekends since I generally go for business lunches/dinners; but it really does serve consistently delicious and fresh seafood.  Love going for oysters and champagne.

Lobster (1602 Ocean Ave)(Santa Monica)(Expensive).  I love this place more for the views than the food; but the food is quite good.  I like the simpler stuff – steamed lobster, raw oysters, etc.  They don't seem to do the complicated stuff very well so stick with simple.  Bonus – they have Trimbach Pinot Gris – my fav white wine.

Crustacean (9646 Little Santa Monica Blvd.)(Beverly Hills) (Expensive).  Gorgeous restaurant, which only serves a few really great things – but those are great enough to keep people coming back.  My recommendations:  Garlic Noodles (the best things ever), Garlic Crab, Tiger Shrimp, Seafood Salad.  That is it – everything else I've tried has been mediocre, and you don't want to pay exorbitant prices for mediocrity.  Stick with the above recs and you will be fine.  (They did have a wonderful scallop and mushroom appetizer special years ago, but I haven't seen it back since.  Too bad…)
Garlic noodles and lobster at Crus…
Garlic noodles and lobster at Cru…